Obama’s approval ratings are about the lowest of all recent presidents; 55% disapprove. Much is due to ObamaCare, but Jennifer Rubin identifies many other reasons:
- Obama managed to get rid of only a sliver of the Bush tax cuts, to the dismay of liberals.
- He falsely predicted a catastrophe if the sequester occurred.
- He pleaded ignorance to scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service and spying on reporters.
- His erratic behavior on Syria and dangerous appeasement of Iran rattled Congress, our allies and the American people (who now give him negative reviews on foreign policy).
- The vast majority of Americans (79 percent in the Post/ABC poll) still think we are in a recession and a plurality (45 percent) trust Congress more than the president to fix it.
Obama has lost support among many of his key constituencies including Hispanics, women, self-described liberals, and young voters.
“It’s been a long, disappointing year for many of President Obama’s most ardent supporters,” a dispirited Liz Halloran writes for NPR. “From drones and Syria, to immigration and the Keystone XL pipeline, the list of issues on which the president has induced frustration and disillusionment is not a short one.”