Dan Mitchell ponders whether sending your child to a government school could be a form of child abuse.
- Bureaucrats suspended a little boy for taking bites out of a pop tart in such a way that it was shaped like a gun.
- Bureaucrats suspended a 7-year boy for pretending to throw a non-existent grenade on the playground.
- Bureaucrats suspended a 6-year old boy in Maryland for making a gun shape with his finger.
- Bureaucrats busted a 5-year old girl in Pennsylvania for having a pink plastic gun that shoots bubbles.
- A teacher in Rhode Island caught an 8-year old boy with some plastic toy army men.
- Bureaucrats evacuated a school because an 11-year old boy made a motion detector for his science experiment.
- Bureaucrats in Florida kicked an 8-year old boy out of school for a yearbecause he had a plastic gun in his backpack.
- A dual award in Virginia, with half the prize for the bureaucrats who suspended a 10-year old boy for a toy gun and half the prize for the cops who then arrested the kid.
- A third-grader got in trouble for having toy army men on his birthday cupcakes.
- Two second-graders got suspended for holding pencils like they were guns.
- Bureaucrats suspended a kindergartener for having a lego-sized toy gun.
- Bureaucrats wanted a deaf child to change his sign-language name because it required him to shape his fingers in a way that resembled a gun.
I like these comments from one of the linked articles:
Our economy can grow like it used to only if minds are not encapsulated in limiting bubbles and actions restricted by boxes to prevent action, other than a rule to do no harm. Government has moved in every direction to limit thought and action, all of which discourages living out of the bubble and box.
Innovation, creative challenges to the way things are done, making waves and wakes, all those things that disturb the bureaucrats and civil servants among us, are the keys to boosting us back to prosperous times.
How is a young person going to learn if teachers do not respect their efforts on science projects and other mind expanding projects? Public schools are becoming very hazardous to our children.