Of course, the government doesn’t really need con artists to help it waste money. It is perfectly capable of wasting money without help. Here are a few examples.
- funding a reality TV show in India
- studying swine manure in China
- losing $84 million a year subsidizing food service on Amtrak trains
- improper food stamp payments totaling $2.5 billion
- fixing a covered bridge that has not been used in 10 years
and a few more:
- $30 million helping Pakistani mango farmers
- $120 million in benefits to federal employees who have died
- $10 million for Pakistani Sesame Street
- $700,000 to bring TV to Vietnam villages
And here is Sen. Coburn’s worst 100 list.